CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

VSD 3 Challenge #1 - Paradise Inspiration

Welcome to VSD #3!

Hello! I am so excited about our 3rd Virtual Stamp Day! I'm even more excited that I'm able to host a challenge!
Our VSD #3 theme is Spring. So, I had this idea for a challenge in my head for a couple months...since the mention of a VSD #3. It can be looked at as Spring themed I guess if you think "hmmmm, this is somewhere I would loved to go on....Spring Break!" hee hee!

So, here's my challenge. It's an inspiration themed challenge with a recipe to go along with it.
Create a card, page, or 3D project designed around this picture:



Ahhhhh, do you feel like you are in Paradise? Look at the great look of these rocks, their grooves and shapes, the green landscape behind them and of course, the beautiful crystal clear water!

I would like you to design your project around this photo. Then, follow a few little requirements (recipe):

~ Only 1 embellishment
~ somewhere on your card use a crimper. If you don't have one, manually get the look of crimped paper/card stock by accordion folding it, then laying it out on your project.
~ Last but not least....NO COLORING! GASP!!!!!! I know right? But, isn't that why it's called a challenge? Get out all those solid stamps and colorful ink pads. Or, just use a sentiment as your main focus. It's totally up to you, but you can't color your image.

Okay now, take a deep breath. I know it's a lot to take in for your first crafty challenge of the day but I KNOW you can do it! I am in awe every week as I blog gaze at your beautiful creations so I am confident in your abilities to ROCK THIS CHALLENGE!!!! No pressure :)

Thanks so much for coming to check out my challenge. For the ladies that participate, I will put their names in a hat and draw for a winner of some crafty goodies!

**I have a Ladies Conference to attend and I am not "live" during this challenge post but I will be back soon to post my creation for this challenge**

Blessings...
Melina :)

3 comments:

  1. Mine is the 2nd card in this post: http://playingisapassion.blogspot.com/2010/04/had-fun-this-sat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUn challenge Melina! Here's my card:)
    http://thesmartstamper.blogspot.com/2010/04/balmy-breezes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my blog.. here is a link to the photo.. hope it was okay that I did a layout and not a card.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vj0oDCQwU4g/S8KS7LyIKpI/AAAAAAAAAtw/nC9IAeq9JKw/s1600/VSDChallenge1_3250.JPG

    ReplyDelete